Not everyone is blessed with a perfect smile, but now there is the option of having a smile makeover to obtain the smile you always wanted. Cosmetic dentists can repair missing, broken, gapped, stained, or misaligned teeth with all kinds of modern technology that will have you smiling from ear to ear.
A smile makeover may include both surgical and non-surgical procedures that correct a variety of problems with your teeth and gums. It provides customized solutions for your specific issues. Some of the common problems addressed with smile makeovers include missing teeth, bite problems, gapped or uneven teeth, cracks, chips, and discoloration.
The first step is to schedule an appointment with a qualified cosmetic dentist for a consultation in which you can convey your goals and expectations, and learn about options for restoring your smile. The dentist will likely also consider your age, skin tone, gum tissue, facial shape, and lips in order to help you achieve the best smile for you.
Some of the procedures often performed in a smile makeover include:
- Dental implants and crowns to replace missing teeth
- Teeth whitening to restore stained or discolored teeth
- Porcelain veneers that cover the fronts of your teeth to improve their appearance
- Contouring to reshape teeth
- Bonding to hide imperfections
- White fillings to reshape teeth or change color
- Dentures made to function and look like natural teeth
- Braces to correct crowded or crooked teeth, or to repair bite problems