Thanks to the current popularity of cosmetic dental procedures and treatments, many dentists are offering cosmetic dentistry options within their practices. However, just because a dental professional has undergone training in the procedures you are seeking, that does not mean they are the most skilled or qualified person for the job. When considering undergoing cosmetic dentistry treatments, it is vital to do your homework and identify a dentist with the best training and most extensive experience in the procedures you are seeking.
First and foremost, when researching a potential cosmetic dentist, you should find out if they hold an accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentists. This designation means they have undergone extensive training and examination in cosmetic dentistry procedures. Several other guidelines to follow when choosing a cosmetic dentist include:
- Ask to review before and after pictures of previous procedures they have performed on actual patients.
- Find out how long they have been practicing cosmetic dentistry and how often they perform the actual procedures you are seeking.
- Inquire about the equipment used in their practice. Are they utilizing the most modern and up-to-date technology available?
- Find out what type of technology they provide to preview your potential treatment options.
- Ask about the type of continuing education the dentist pursues in order to stay current on advancements in cosmetic dentistry.
- Assess the comfort of the office, their options for sedation dentistry, the emergency procedures they have in place, and the professionalism and helpfulness of their staff.
With careful research and consideration of these guidelines, you should be able to successfully locate an experienced and qualified cosmetic dentist in Richmond VA to help achieve the improved smile you desire.